Thursday, December 11, 2008

Enjoying the Process

Learning how to take good pictures is such a learning process.



I took this picture early on in the summer (June, I think). I remember this particular day really well because something was honestly different for me~ different than any other day I had taken pictures with my camera.

If I'm not mistaken, this was the first day I used a lens other than the one that came with my camera... this was a big step! It marked a "forward movement" (I'd like to think so anyway) and I haven't looked at taking pictures the same way ever since.

I'll say it again~ taking good pictures is a learning process. I feel like I've learned an awful lot since the day I took this picture of my sweet niece Jayden. I still have tons more to learn- I'm constantly reading and researching and practicing (and spending money, do you have any idea how expensive photography is?!?!).

It's all good, and I love every minute of it. One of the best things about the process? Meeting April ~she's an awesome person, she's awesome with a camera, and in a pretty short time she's become an absolutely awesome friend. (And she didn't even have to pay me to say any of that!).

Love the process... I really do.

2 comments:

Katie Smith December 12, 2008 at 7:15 AM  

I really love this picture, Kristen! I am happy to have hooked you and April up! :)

april bodenburg December 12, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Kristen!! You melt my heart! Thanks for being such a great friend!! LOVE YOU!

Kristen Olson's Photo Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP