Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cheryl

One month ago today, I was headed home with April from The Secret Workshop.. I was (and still am) just in awe of all the wonderful-ness... I haven't gotten to do a full post yet highlighting my favorite things about the workshop, but it's looking like that will be years from now at the rate I'm going, so I'm going to break it up into manageable parts. This is where I want to start...

Cheryl. This woman is one of the most amazing, uplifting, vivacious, passionate, inspiring, humble, beautiful women on the planet. I got to watch her for two days, and I can't even explain just how moved I was by her and the things she said~ she encourages you to only do things that bring you joy, and not to do things that don't. If you have to do something anyway, find a way to change your perspective about it. She helps you let go a little~ "it's totally fine!" She makes you feel beautiful and special and helps you feel like you are worth MORE than you give yourself credit for. And she shows you that photography is a gift, and that photographs are more valuable than you could ever imagine.

Cheryl lives in Texas. She is a mother and a wife and a photographer~ and a total inspiration. I feel incredibly blessed to have been a part of her workshop, and I know without a doubt that there were moments with her that weekend that only I got to have. Special, unbelievable, unforgettable moments. {I still get chills and tear up}. She gives people this incredible gift when she gives so freely of herself~ and I'm not kidding, I will never, ever forget her and her beautiful spirit. You just don't get to meet people like her everyday...

I spent most of the workshop following her around, just wanting to soak in every tidbit of her and her advice that I could. Here are a few shots of her doing her thing...











{Click here to see a photo of April and I with Cheryl and Amy Smith, another AMAZING woman and Cheryl's best friend}

0 comments:

Kristen Olson's Photo Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP