Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bowling

As I mentioned in my December Top Ten post a few days ago, when my sister came back from Hawaii, we left it a total surprise for my dad. Here is the picture a few moments after she surprised him again (because I totally love this picture, can you tell my dad had been teary-eyed?)



And here's a pic from when she first walked downstairs...



She's holding her cell phone (and my dad's holding his in the first picture, too) because that's how we surprised him~ she hid upstairs in one of our bedrooms, and when my dad got to my house we went downstairs to our family room. I told my dad I needed to call Heather when he got there so she could wish him a Merry Christmas, and then I put him on the phone. They were talking and my sister was trying to tell my dad that she wished she could come give him a big hug and then she planned to come downstairs to surprise him, but my dad kept changing the subject! It was so funny. She finally got it out and then said something along the lines of coming downstairs to give him a hug for real and all my dad could say was "WHAT!?!?!?!" I know he was totally shocked, and absolutely thrilled.

Well.... then it was on to the family tradition: lunch and bowling. My husband and I really like to bowl, but we usually do it just this one time per year. However, we still take it VERY seriously!! And we don't usually have much fun... yeah right!











Okay... was it just back in the good old days that bowling balls used to be black?

1 comments:

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Your Dad totally looks like John Lithgow!!! Crazy....

Kristen Olson's Photo Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP