Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cute Shoes and Answer to Challenge #1

I'm back from a 4-day get-away with Andy's family... it was a fun and entertaining extended weekend, with 8 adults, two rambunctious toddlers and two-month old twins... And of course I had to take some cute pictures, right?

I got home this afternoon and I uploaded the photos I took to my computer, and here's the damage.......... 359 photos!! Three-hundred fifty-nine photos!!!! I didn't take any pictures the first day, and none the last day, so that was just on Sunday and Monday... Holy cow!! (Plus, I deleted many of the pictures on-the-spot, so those aren't even counted!). I told you it would be bad!!

Needless to say I am going to go through and weed out a HUGE number of the photos. So far I've completed one "cleaning", and my total of keepers now is 174. (Still needs a lot of work!) That's my project for the next few days...

SO..... Definitely check back-- I've gotten some really, really cute pics and I am really excited to post them as I go through and get them ready for my blog!

Here's a sneak peak at a few pictures of my nieces-- (sort of)!!

Natalie's adorable pink sneakers:



Jayden has this thing about wearing big people's flip-flops... just look at those tiny feet in those big shoes! And the crazy thing is she can totally RUN in them without falling!



However, that almost completely changed when Grandma Karen bought Jayden a new pair of flip flops on Monday--- Jayden was IMMEDIATELY in love!! It was absolutely adorable, she would hardly let them out of her sight! (And when she woke up in the middle of the night, she wanted her shoes so Grandma got them for her and she cuddled them as she fell back asleep!!)





Personally, I've never been much of a shoe person but to see the cute ones on these two definitely brings a smile to my face :)

PS---- Here's the answer to my "Blog Challenge"... hope you had a chance to check it out! There were only a few comments but I'm guessing just by talking with people that there were just some people too shy to post (which is totally fine). My mom was the first to get the answer correct-- After I took three or four photos of Liz and Jesse and Natalie, I realized the tiki torch behind them looked like it was growing out of their heads (not a good thing!). So, because I really liked the picture anyway, I edited out as much as I could with my photo editing program (and although I did decide to leave the bottom half of the pole intact, I'm guessing most people didn't even notice the bottom of the pole the first time they looked at the family picture).

So, that one was easy.... I won't promise I'll be so easy on the next one!! Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Anonymous August 20, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Hi, these pictures remind me of the cute little jelly shoes you got from Aunt Shirley when you were just a baby. I still have them and Heather's little pink tennis shoes too. The pictures are excellent!

Kristen Olson's Photo Blog

  © Blogger template 'The Pattern' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP